Tuesday 3 September 2013

Weekend Drama

This weekend was our first wedding anniversary. While we are rather limited in celebration options, I had arranged to have a raid night off and we planned on having a lovely day together just enjoying the company. Things never quite seem to work out as we plan.

Mr Wench managed to have an accident at work on Thursday, hitting his head and cutting a deep gouge along his scalp. He'd been advised by the first aid team to just leave it as they didn't think it would require stitching. On Friday morning, however, it was still bleeding so Mr Wench woke me up to get a second opinion on whether he needed to go to the hospital. I got up, took a quick look and confirmed that I thought a hospital visit would be necessary...and then collapsed on the floor.

I'm really not the sort of person that faints at the sight of blood or anything and I'd been checking on the progress of his head wound the day before. One of the symptoms I get with ME when under stress or particularly worn out is that my temperature can suddenly go up or down without warning. I also react badly to temperature rises (nothing to do with ME, just a bonus quirk) so after all the stress of keeping an eye on Mr Wench and just generally having been a little run down, I woke up, my temperature rose and I overheated. Annoyingly, I'd managed to collapse behind the bathroom door and while Mr Wench had seen the sudden colour drain from my face and checked my fall, I was now blocking the bathroom door shut and he couldn't get out. Mr Wench is not just my husband, he's also my carer. Having watched over me for so many years, he thankfully realised this was likely a temperature issue and covered me in cold damp towels and flannels until I started to be responsive again. After cooling down again, I was just exhausted and a bit bruised and he was able to head on to the hospital to get his head treated with medical glue.

Our anniversary celebrations were a little quieter and more subdued than we'd planned, but it reminded us that we have each other to lean on.

In World of Warcraft, I have done very little this week outside of raid time commitments. My auction sales and stockpiling are becoming more reserved as we approach patch day. I have stopped restocking PvP armours and am just selling off the stock I have left, as it will be mostly useless by patch day. Jewellery, enchants, gems and the like will still be useful so I am still keeping them stocked. The rest of the time has been used to stockpile more materials. I have been focussing more on Magnificent Hides, Exotic Leather and Windwool Cloth this week as my supplies in each are rather low and I feel it will be impossible to have too much! With the increased amounts of each used for new daily cooldowns, I suspect there may be an increase in demand leading to higher prices which would choke my supply line or force me to raise crafting prices.

Show Me The Money

215,118g

That's down by just over 110k from last week but the increase in stored materials and supplies is huge. As I've done this over the course of a few weeks, I have been able to buy just the low priced items rather than paying much more when demand is higher. One more week until I start to see my finances going in the right direction again!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Wenchie I hope you and Mr Wenchie have both made full recoveries. I've been reservedly stocking up on some things, got a full bank tab of things like cloth and enchant mats, and a character bank almost full of gems etc to make greens for disenchant should I run out, which I hope I dont.

    ReplyDelete