Friday 17 October 2014

Alt Apreciation: Week 7, Priest

I waited a couple of extra days to make this post as I wanted to get a picture of my Priest before and after the patch. Priest has been my main played class since the game was released.

  Most of that time I have played her as a healer although necessity has forced me into Shadow for raiding at some points due to the makeup of the raid team I was part of at the time.

For Mists of Pandaria, I have remained Discipline although I am anticipating that I will be sporting a dual healer spec for Warlords of Draenor. This could prove a challenge for me as I don't think I've played Holy properly since sometime at the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King and much has changed since then.

I love the new character graphics changes. I had worried that I wouldn't like the default face that my main character would convert to and would have to change it at the barber shop, but as it turned out, I quite like it! The reason that Priests are my favourite class are the focus on healing. While other classes can heal and (depending on class balance at the time) can often do it better than a Priest, no class matches it for sheer diversity of heal spells through the two healing specs. I've enjoyed Discipline in particular since it was overhauled to focus more on mitigation than heals as I like the idea of stopping people from being hurt in the first place.

As this is my main class, I was already at max level so I decided to focus on getting the challenge modes to gold before the patch actually arrived. I really don't like the look of the transmogrification armour award that it gives to Priests. It's truly ugly so I won't include a picture of me posing in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment